Hope this tutorial useful for you. I adopt it from this link, and modify it with my own words.
- Step 1: Install The CodeIgniter
First of all, install it to your webserver. You can install it by extract and rename it (e.g. example) to the web server folder (e.g. htdocs if you use XAMPP).
- Step 2: Rearrange Your CI Folder
Move the application folder in the system folder to the root.
- Step 3: Edit the Application Path
Open the index.php with your editor and modified the application path to “../application”
- Step 4a: Working with Eclipse (for System folder)
Create New PHP Project on the Eclipse and set it like this
- Step 4b: Working with Eclipse (for Application folder)
And so for the Application folder
- Step 5: Setting The Include Path
Right click the example_application folder in the eclipse, then set the include path
- Step 6: The Auto Completion (Try it!)
Try to hover to a function, and see what happen
And press Ctrl+Space to get the auto completion feature
And that’s for today, hope you enjoy the show…🙂